- writing about my experience and letting others know what I am going through is painful but helpful, it has given me an outlet to express my feelings I normally would not. It helps me release the ugliness inside
- Reading inspiring blogs and books. Hearing other's stories, feelings, and guidance I feel will help me feel not so alone
- Taking "me" time, being a mom of 2 boys leaves me very little "me" time. I need this. I will use this time to watch chickflicks, happy movies, and inspiring ones.
- Seeking help. I feel that I do need counseling to deal with the life altering changes I have been given. I need the extra support and someone to help guide me to inner peace
- I am going to go back to church, prayer and know this will help. Even before I was sick it felt good to go. I felt better.
- I am going to learn meditation and hopefully yoga. I need to learn how to react to stress better, to keep the poison out of me. I need to channel. I need to gain control and feel that this will bring me closer.
Friday, May 18, 2012
Getting the ugly out...
Having an autoimmune disease has changed me. It has made me slow down among many other things. I have lost control over what I can do and what I want to do. I have lost strength and I am not talking about physical though yes I have lost that too. I am talking about mental, emotional and spirtual strength. I am talking about what's inside. Having a chronic illness has given me the opportunity for reflection and self realization. Which I have realized I have ignored and need an overhaul. Feeding your soul is very important. It will help me feel at peace with myself. It will help me embrace life and accomplishments. Some things that I feel will help:
These are just ideas that I am implementing and hope they bring me closer to being at peace with myself and my disease. If you have any additional that you have found helpful please comment! All ideas are appreciated! Day by Day!!