Friday, June 29, 2012

The Hummingbird

The Hummingbird is another symbol of regeneration or resurrection. Hummingbird is the creature that opens the heart. When the hurt that caused us to close our hearts gets a chance to heal, our hearts are free to open again. If we could adapt and do this we would laugh and enjoy creation, we appreciate the magic of the present moment, and the magic of being alive. We would Heal.

I have been busy with the boys this summer and have not posted in a while. I wish I would heal. I have been struggling with a lot in the last few years and hope to overcome some things this summer. Being home has put serious strain on our budget but has me feeling better and able to do more. I am worried about making sure I do enough with my boys, giving them an awesome summer even though il cannot do as much as I used too. I recently have developed serious flares in my knees making it very hard to walk. I am tired of popping pain pills that do little. I was hoping that during the summer I would feel better.

Some days I feel pretty good. So, I take the kids to the zoo. Then the next 3 days I am in so much pain I can barely make myself get up but I do. I am pretty good at faking it. I have the worst insomnia too. I hate lying in bed thinking about the pain. It bites. LOL I guess I am feeling pretty negative. I have a lot to say and catch up on but cannot seem to put it in words.  I spent the weekend house sitting at my moms. She has hummingbirds everywhere. Occasionaly they will hit the windows. They stun themselves for a few minutes and then all the sudden stand up and fly away with their little wings beating like crazy. They are amazing. They shake it off and keep going.

I thought I was ready to write. I am not. Hopefully, soon I can put into words what is going on with me. Until then day by day.

2 comments:

  1. My flares come with insomnia, migraines, and brain fog, a part of RA that I didn't anticipate when first diagnosed. I hope that you're getting more sleep. One tip from a mom with grown children: I worked from home when my girls were young, and I constantly worried that I was always telling them "later" or "let me finish this first." Now that they're grown, I've asked them if that's what they remember. It's not. They remember me being home with them. We moms are too hard on ourselves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I hope mine are the same!

    ReplyDelete